The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Saturday March 1, 2008 at 23:00
Barry Gordon
Founding Member
August 2001
I am pretty sure I saw at least one post on a slimserver thread about a person that was doing exactly what you want to do.

Although the Squeezebox is $299, the new Duet which is basically a squeezebox with no display and no IR output jack, is around $149 if you do not buy the Jive controller. I guess in that case it is not a Duet but a Singlet.

I feel the loss of the IR output jack is a big negative for the following reason. Lets say you want to put the player (squeezebox) in some room (in my house it is the master bedroom) and connect it to a small stereo rig so you can hear the music. My rig is not small but then again it is about 30 years old and I will match its audio against almost anything out there today) You can tell the slimserver to have the Player (squeezebox) output up to 4 IR commands (power on, power off, volume up, volume down,) when the matching event happens. You connect/tape an IR emitter to your receiver and give slimserver the correct IR patterns and you are done. Whenever one of the 4 events happens for any reason (Web interface, Jive controller, 9400, 9600 . . . ) the correct IR will be sent. I felt that was one of the neatest integration featores, and it is now gone, or it costs $150 to get it back.

Actually you only need the power commands as the player will handle the volume sent to the receiver over the analog channel.

Hosting Services by ipHouse