The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday March 1, 2008 at 20:35
BH13
Long Time Member
December 2007
OK, I guess this may be one for Barry and LowPro, but I thought I would ask this to the whole community to see if anyone has had success with this. I am considering purchasing Barry's slimserver for the 9400. I downloaded squeezecenter and have been successful in streaming music from Windows media player to squeezecenter by opening stream [Link: localhost], where "localhost" is replaced by the ip address of the computer I am running squeezecenter on. I then access squeezecenter by opening URL [Link: localhost] in internet explorer.

All of this works great. I have considered dowloading softsqueeze to use as the player on the computer. I'm not sure if this is a better option than using wmp, but I am open to suggestions.

My real question involves streaming this music to my Denon 3808. My Denon is capable of wirelessly streaming music from my laptop. When I access the Net/USB output on the Denon, I can browse my music library and play any music (excluding mpeg 4 itunes stuff) saved to my computer. The GUI on the Denon is OK, but I would love to be able to use Barry's slimserver on the 9400; the GUI looks much cooler!

However, I can't see how to stream music wirelessly from squeezecenter to the Denon. Do I use the IP address of the Denon to do his somehow? What input do I use on the Denon when I am streaming music? If this does work, will I always have to have a stream open on media player to make this work? I don't want to run audio cable from the computer to the receiver as the computer is not located near the receiver. I guess I am hoping somebody somewhere has accomplished streaming to the Denon, and can lead me in the right direction to get the stream to the receiver. I fear from what I have seen so far that I may have to buy a squeezebox to make this happen (don't think the wife will go for that after the 3808 and 9400 purchases!).

If I can't get the music to the receiver, it doesn't make much sense for me to have the slimserver on my 9400. Hopefully, someone has some ideas.

Thanks so much to everyone here for their assistance. This site has been awesome in helping me to get a great config. on my pronto 9400.

Hosting Services by ipHouse