The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Friday June 8, 2007 at 14:14
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
I'm not really sure exactly how much space is reserved for ones XCF file in the remote. I can tell you that the TSU9600 has 64 MB SDRAM and 64 MB NAND Flash. I'd imagine that the SDRAM is what is used to store ones configuration file. Not sure if all of that 64 MB is available for ones configuration file however. Part of that could be in use for the firmware. The reason I'm already down to 4% free memory is due to one simple fact. With the TSU9600 we're working with a 640x480 page area, not 240x320 as is the case with the Pronto NG line of remotes. Working at 640x480 means larger graphics which take up more memory. Much more memory. In many cases twice the memory as would be used in the Pronto NG remotes. Considering this fact it's not suprising that I'm running out of memory already. Really bums me out let me tell you. From the very beginning I went to great lengths to optimize my XCF so that I could get the most out of the available memory possible. Was really hoping I'd have more than 4% free memory at this point. Push come to shove there are a few additional things I can do to free up additional memory. Hopefully this 4% will last me a little while. Only time will tell.

Last edited by Lowpro on June 11, 2007 08:57.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse