The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday January 14, 2009 at 14:15
footVOL
Long Time Member
June 2008
I know Barry has a program that allows for interface with Homeseer (HA software), but I was wondering if anyone had created a way to send commands from an external source (Homeseer) to an RFX9600.

I am using ProntoNIC to send commands from my TSU9600 to Homeseer, but I would like to be able to send some simple power commands to my RFX9600 so I don't have to duplicate control functionality using IR splitters, etc. to my A/V components.

What I envision is to allow Homeseer to send event based commands to my RFX to turn off components if a room is unoccupied or if an "All Off" command is sent. I guess with our inability to interface with the RFX, it would require a "virtual TSU".

Or I suppose since I always dock my TSU's a Pronto script could listen for an external command and then send a Pronto command to the RFX. Or Phillips could just make it easy for us to externally interface with the RFX, but I won't hold my breath.

I would be willing to discuss paying for such a interface. Any help would be appreciated!

TC

Last edited by footVOL on January 14, 2009 14:24.

Hosting Services by ipHouse