The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Tuesday November 18, 2008 at 18:17
jack D
Long Time Member
August 2006
I wanted to share my experience with EscientPronto on my 9800. First I should note that I am a total newb when it comes to Pronto. I just got my 9800 a few weeks ago(my first Pronto) and had a lot of trouble getting it set up--it was a steep learning curve for me. I am also new to Escient as I purchased an MX-531 music server at the same time I got the 9800.

I purchased EscientPronto from Lyndel and I have to say that it is a great piece of work. Everything works as advertised and it is much better than the built in Escient script that comes with PEP. It has a very clean, functional, and intuitive interface with a variety of skins from which to choose.

The instruction sheet that comes with the program is extremely well written and clear. Integrating the script into a project is not particularly straightforward but that seems to be a function of oddities in PEP2. The instructions that Lyndel provided to me, however, were very easy to follow and worked like a charm. It took less than 10 mintues to get the script incorporated into my project. If I can do it, anyone can since, as I say I have only been working with PEP and pronto for a few weeks.

I would recommed it to anyone with an Escient. It's really worth it.

Thanks for the good work Lyndel.

Hosting Services by ipHouse