The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Sunday April 20, 2008 at 09:49
Barry Gordon
Founding Member
August 2001
My email address is in my profile and I will answer any and all questions.

Basically SlimPronto comes in two flavors, the 9400 and 9600 versions. It is based on the Slim Devices Command Line Interface (CLI) protocol to their server product which is now called SqueezeCenter.

Squeezecenter runs on several platforms (PC, MAC and NAS) and supports iTunes integration and Internet radio. Slimpronto does not care how many players there are or what kind they are. It has been tested with every player that Slim Devices sells (Softsqueeze, which is free, the Duet, the Squeezebox and the Transporter). I support the product and provide feature updates as my schedule permits (I am retired so I have lots of free time, but also lots of interests). I know no one who is not totally satisfied with both the product and the support they receive. Yes, some want other features, but they are satisfied.

Multiple SlimPronto systems may be used controlling the same or different players. The User Interface on the 9400 is very similar to the Duet Jive controller with iPhone like sliding screens, just not the finger wipe as the pronto can not do that. The 9600 version makes use of the extra screen real estate to provide a very rich user interface.

Both versions support:

Multiple players; Browse by Artist, Album, Track, Playlist, Genre, Folder and Cover Art

The Now playing Queue (current playlist) is displayed along with the current selection and on the 9600 the next selection to be played is also shown.

Browsing is very fast and independent of library size, with effective use of the scroll wheel (subjective).

Shuffle, repeat, sleep, volume, mute, crossfade, Text search (9600 now, 9400 in the upcoming update), and Internet radio are supported

Search is free text and returns matchs in categories (Genre, Artists, Albums, tracks) which may then be Browsed by category

The next update adds support for library rescan so you no longer have to go back to Squeeze center to rescan the library.

The next update also adds the ability to have a page of buttons each referencing a playlist, a player and a return point. Clicking that button (located on a page in any activity on the Pronto) will start that player playing that playlist and return to the page specified. Very high WAF!

Hosting Services by ipHouse