The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday January 30, 2009 at 13:26
pthornhill
Long Time Member
June 2008
Is there any way to have some Prontoscript execute when the Pronto wakes up (ie. pick it up off the cradle and screen comes on to Home page, then page code executes)?

When I pick up my 9600, I want it to poll my Onkyo 876 receiver by 232 to check power status and source selected. Then I can auto-jump 9600 to the controls page for whatever source is selected.

Reason I want to do this is cos cinema room has Lutron homeworks keypad in entry. When you click "Movies" on Lutron keypad, it sends 232 cmds to Onkyo 876 to turn on (as well as turning on screen etc). So when I walk into cinema room I want to press "movies" on lutron keypad - it starts lights dimming, turns on screen & Onkyo, sets input to say DVD. Then when I sit down and pick up Pronto I want it to wake up, poll the 876 to discover DVD is selected, then jump to DVD controls page.

To my partner it will seem like Pronto just magically knows what you selected!! I can do all the above but my code polls the 876 every 10 seconds via page repeat (cos its docked). I don't want to tie up the extender every 10 seconds cos its used by 2nd 9600 for other source control & I dont want conflicts.

Any ideas how the polling via extender can be done once on Pronto wakeup? Apologies for the long post!!

Hosting Services by ipHouse