The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Sunday February 1, 2009 at 02:40
thoupis
Long Time Member
August 2007
For controlling all your escient stuff, you don't even need an RFX 9600 unit. The Wi-Fi works just fine directly via your router or access point towards the escient units. Now as far as all the other stuff, I would suggest going for an RFX9600, TSU9400 for your home theater (you don't really need the 9600 since you are only controlling single room) and wait a bit more to invest on the TSU9300 (which you can see in another thread here). The graphics in the TSU9400 are not as good as the 9600 but that is up to you. If you intend to do basic programming, I would suggest going with the first generation of PEP because it does not require Prontoscript for RS232 commands (should you need 1 way commands towards your projector or AV receiver). Does you projector and AV receiver carry RS232 connections? Does your Blue Ray player carry RS232 connections? How do you power up your amplifiers or are they signal sensing? Is your screen lowered from a trigger of the projector or does the Crestron unit does that? If all of those are a no, you could very well invest on an RFX9400 unit and use just IR control on your other equipment and I bet that you can find discrete commands for your projector as well.
Demetris

Hosting Services by ipHouse