Original thread:
Post 2 made on Thursday February 5, 2009 at 11:17
nerieru
Long Time Member
January 2009
Ok a little programming joke here:

prontoscript == JavaScript;
prontoscript !=== JavaScript;

In other words prontoscript equals JavaScript, however does not EXACTLY equal JavaScript, there's a document about the differences on here, just look it up.

On the programming jokes.
Java != JavaScript , hence you need to learn JavaScript as learning Java would be completely pointless!

What I could recommend you however is JavaScript the Definitive Guide (latest edition) You will not only learn JavaScript for the purpose of Pronto, but also client-side/server-side JavaScript (you'll actually only be learning those 2 and after that learn about the differences in Prontoscript)

I don't know if there's any other good ones out there, but this is the way I'm going (as I'm currently studying the "JavaScript the Definitive Guide" book)

Good luck to you, and just so you know in the future the modules for RTI will have to be programmed in JavaScript as well. So it'll be a good investment!
"All of the books in the world contain no more information than is broadcast as video in a single large American city in a single year. Not all bits have equal value." - Carl Sagan

Hosting Services by ipHouse