Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday February 6, 2009 at 01:17
marco0305
Long Time Member
February 2009
Hi,
I've been looking through the threads on this forum but couldn't find anything regarding a TV guide for the pronto. I think it would be awesometo have a tv guide on the pronto so we don't have to display our tv guide on the screen or open, the old fashion way, a magazine or look through the newpaper to find what's on.
I found a grabber that creates a xml file. So next to do is make this into a module, like the rss feed, using prontoscript. The grabber can be find here and is available for several countries. So you can get your own custom made xml file. It's very easy and works quick. Takes about 2-3mins to get a full listing depending on how many channels you select. I was thinking to grab it like once a day an put it on my computer and let the pronto get it straight from my computer. The file is somewhere in the region of 10 to 20Mb depending again on the amount of channels you select. The program is mc2xml. Just google it.
I'm a complete noob if it comes to programming.
So know my question is who would like to write a prontoscript to make this work? I think there'll be a lot of interest for this module so whoever can write the module can get some money out of it.
If somebody is interested I can send you a xml file that the grabber makes.

Marco

Hosting Services by ipHouse