The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Tuesday February 10, 2009 at 17:17
GuerillaBuild
Long Time Member
December 2008
Interesting new thread on TCP enabled devices guys! I recently went dumpster diving on the web to see which manufacturers are now putting an Ethernet port on their equipment.

There are a large number of them from Sony to Marantz to Pioneer and then some! However I have yet to find a spec sheet that clearly indicates that the unit will allow control over the ethernet port (PrePro's & Blueray/DVD players in particular). Most of them are simply using the ethernet port to bring in added content; especially the higher end blueray players that support the java environment. It seems as if they (the manufacturers) are more focused on content enrichment rather than control when it comes to IP comms and Ethernet.

I'd love to see a concerted move towards Ethernet and away from RS232, but I have a feeling that alot of the manufacturers are stuck in the mud on this item or moving rather slowly.

As you may have guessed I'm in the market for some new equipment and if anyone can suggest an IP controllable PrePro, Blueray player or flatscreen, I'd appreciate the post!
You can hide almost anything until you have to put the drywall up!

Hosting Services by ipHouse