The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Thursday February 12, 2009 at 18:12
GuerillaBuild
Long Time Member
December 2008
I have used the backlight function to keep the pronto alive. There are a couple of small bugs with this process, but for the most part it works well.

Using "CF.widget("PS_BACKLIGHT").executeActions()" in Prontoscript will execute the backlight function and in turn key the pronto alive.

Execute the above line of code based on a repeating page or using scheduleAfter() would cause the pronto to stay awake as long as your timings on how often the backlight is called are in synch with your Pronto's 'go to sleep' timer.

Note: Page script looping is limited to a max of 3mins per loop. If you want to go longer (like 25 mins) you would need to use schedule after. I haven't tried this out, but the dev guide states a minimum setting in milliseconds; but no maximum!!

I also read in another post that someone had adjusted the 'go to sleep' timer to a ridiculously long interval and that also kept his/her Pronto awake. This option is what I call the 'global battery drain'. It applies everywhere; whereas using the above code allows you to be page or activity specific.
You can hide almost anything until you have to put the drywall up!

Hosting Services by ipHouse