The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday February 9, 2009 at 00:27
alpha
Long Time Member
September 2003
I have been working on an activity that changes the label on a button when you rotate the dial.When you press the button, it reads the label and executes actions on other buttons in sequential order with the charAt command. If the Label is 259 it executes the 2 button action, the 5 button action , and the 9 button action. That part works but, if the Label is a single digit it will add a 0 button action twice( 7 will come out as 700). When the Label is a double digit it sends a 0 button action( 25 will come out as 250). These extra Zeros have me stumped .

I plan to start over and rewrite the script. I would like to add the ability to Skip groups of numbers and possibly rework it as a Radio Dial Tuner also( I currently use it as a TV Channel Changer).

I am looking for some direction writing ths script. I was never trained in JavaScript so my approach is one from the Prontoscript Developers Guide.I have some books but they deal mostly with Internet aspects of Javascript . It took me three days to find charAt ( ) command and figure out how to incorporate into this activity.

I hope to eventually get something working and post it in the file area.

Thanks,
Alpha.
Project Boredom 2 is here. [Link: mediafire.com]
------------------------
Check Version 1 & 2 out in the files section.

Hosting Services by ipHouse