Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday December 26, 2008 at 16:09
avainnovations
Long Time Member
October 2005
Hey everyone:

Once again, I need some expert advice regarding a problem I am having with a TSU/RFX9600. There are two:

1. Occasionally, the RFX does not receive the signal from the Pronto. I am using WIFI, which obviously is the problem. Now, the WAP/Router is located with the equipment under the TV in the entertainment center. My theory is that the WAP is too close or not positioned correctly. My question: Is there some sort of standard regarding location for the WAP in respective to the TSU. I can relocate the WAP in the ceiling if anyone thinks this might help.

2. Occasionally, the WAP receives signal, sends it to the RFX and the RFX reports busy for almost 10-15 seconds. Now, all of my durations are standard .10 seconds, and macros are not being uses in these instances. A simple channel up for the Cable box is causing the RFX to hold for this time frame. Is this the RFX or the WIFI again?

FYI: I have updated both the TSU and RFX with the latest firmware. Also, everything worked fine for me upon initial install. However, I did notice that if I tried to use the remote within 2-3 feet from the equipment area that nothing would happen. Again, leading me to believe that there is a dead spot between the WAP and the TSU.

One more theory is that it could also be possible that my customer is using the remote too quickly, causing it to jam. He tried rebooting and that did nothing.

Finally, will turning the WAP 90 degrees make any difference, or should I just concentrate on relocating it.

One final note: There is another Wireless Network in the house for their computers. Could I be receiving interference from that network? There is no internet access for the Pronto's network.

Thanks again.

Joe

Hosting Services by ipHouse