The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday January 30, 2009 at 00:24
Jon Welfringer
Long Time Member
December 2002
FYI - through some digging, I've discovered that all the necessary code to do TCPIP communications is already buried in the existing simulator program.

I've created a proof-of-concept app that has enabled TCPIP communication from the simulator. So far all socket communication to IP devices works fine, but no communication with my RFX9600 extender yet. I'm going to continue working to get the extender functionality as well, but at this point I don't know if that is possible. With just the TCP communication working, this is still a HUGE help and time saver for debugging.

I spent most of today working on some scripts for my home automation controller and I was able to do it from my office over a VPN connection to my home controller. No need to download the program to the TSU9600 and run a terminal program with the serial mod. I can't even begin to tell you how much time this saved me!

After I do some additional testing and can create some documentation, I'll be posting up the info on how this is possible. I will also be supplying a couple of EXE's that facilitate the loading of the simulator with the TCP socket functionality enabled.

Stay tuned!

Last edited by Jon Welfringer on February 14, 2009 15:59.

Hosting Services by ipHouse