The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Saturday February 14, 2009 at 07:32
brodricj
Long Time Member
May 2008
Thanks to all for the suggestions here. Learning PS is not an option for me, I really need to run with the "keep it simple" principle. I'm aiming here for the most simple and reliable solution to turn my system on and off and get devices with discrete toggle commands to sync their power state with devices that only have discrete on/off commands.

I want the TSU hard power button to turn everything on, press it again to turn everything off. Except that when the system powers down I want an interlock action to confirm the off-state intention, via a YES/NO soft button. That way my 2-yr old can turn on the TV without needing me to do it, yet he can't turn it off and on and off repeatedly which he'd do thinking it funny. Unless of course he works out which other button he needs to press to turn it off again. I really don't want him to turn it on and off and on and off and..... just because he can, because he will! There is no prospect of any confusion in sync arising due to manually switching off components because they're all locked away in a 19" rack.

As for using the powersense function of the RFX, I have only been using PEP1 but if PEP2 has better capability here I'll make the change. Again, the only thing I'm trying to achieve with Pronto at this point is to get the kids to turn on the TV (which in reality is a system of various components), choose which cable channel they want to watch via logos on the touchscreen, and turn the volume up and down. If I can get that working I'd be very happy.

Hosting Services by ipHouse