The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Friday February 6, 2009 at 03:36
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
I use Power button to ONLY power off system. As user is on the Home Page, they will likely select a Watch or Listen activity that will Power on the system and put it in the correct state.

Regarding this quote from the above post.

"If you really need the power toggle, plug a modular power supply into the switched outlet of the receiver and use a power sensing input on the RFX9600. You don't need ProntoScript to do this."

Power Sense Limitations in PEPV1 - I don't use PEPv2 so I've not tested if this also applies there!

Unless you are using ProntoScript to do the Power Sense, ( you currently use standard Action Lists with Power Sense Macros), beware that you can only put IR codes and delays into the Power Sense Macros. In the activity where the Power Sense Macro is placed, you must set an extender (RFX9600). Note that you must also set an IR Port to use which means that your IR codes can ONLY target a single IR emitter port of the RFX9600 and also restricts you from sending IR directly from the Pronto.

One simple solution is to duplicate the activity containing Power Sense Macro (for example, one activity for Stereo Power Sense and separate one for TV Power Sense) such that you can use different IR ports on RFX9600.

To even further complicate the issue, if you drive the TV with direct IR from the pronto, and not through an extender emitter port, your ONLY choice is to use ProntoScript to check states and then execute one or more widgets via Prontoscript.

Why the long post? Because I just went through this whole exercise tonight. My understanding is that PEPv2 may solve these issues but I've not tested.

To save anyone headaches in this area, I figured I'd do a core dump.

Lyndel
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse