The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Friday February 6, 2009 at 03:17
buzz
May 2003
brodricj,

I'll agree with everyone else. I prefer not to use toggles.

I guess that there is no universally correct "style" of user interaction. In my case, unless I am dealing with a truly surly device, such as the Motorola cable boxes, I don't use a "Power ON" button. All necessary discrete power commands are included in the input selection macros. This allows the user to touch "Watch TV" without worrying if anything is ON or OFF, the TV always starts.

I use the power hard button to pop up a general power page with a large button "Turn OFF room". On that same page I include a few additional power buttons, such as "TV ON" and "TV OFF" to allow for situations such as wanting to listen to the cable music channels, but not wanting the TV display. The last step of the "Turn OFF room" macro is a jump to the home page. You'll also want to include a "Return" button that issues a "Browse Backward" special function. This allows the user to go back to whatever page, such as the cable box control page and continue listening to music.

---

If you really need the power toggle, plug a modular power supply into the switched outlet of the receiver and use a power sensing input on the RFX9600. You don't need ProntoScript to do this.

Hosting Services by ipHouse