Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday August 22, 2008 at 23:15
Peter Dewildt
Loyal Member
July 2001
http://www.pronto.philips.com

ProntoEdit Professional 2.0 (PEP2) is the successor of ProntoEdit Professional 1 (PEP1) and can be used to configure both TSU9400, TSU9600 and TSU9800 panels. Unlike PEP1 the user interface has fixed windows with a single page view and permanent properties overview. The My Database concept is similar as the one used in PEP1 but now you can also store RS232 codes.

The gallery can now also store pages and activities so you can put often used graphical elements in the gallery (you can copy them from the tree into the galley).

To quickly build a project (configuration file) you can use the Quick Start Wizard. Also for advanced users this is a helpful tool as it saves time and takes over the tedious work. It builds automatically the tree and activity macros (based on the template that defines how the AV equipment is interconnected). After using the wizard you can still tweak the configuration file as you like.

Another significant change is the location of the Activity macros (action list to start e.g. Watch DVD activity). The macro is now part of the Activity itself and not stored on the Home page buttons. A new command ‘Activity jump’ will jump to the chosen Activity and execute the macro.

Examples of other new features are:

Different fonts can now be used
Backgrounds can be set on activity level
Images can be resized
My Database can handle conflicts in case IR codes are different from the project
One way RS232 codes in My Database
More advanced drag & drop operations
New IR code database with more model numbers
Easy change of system items (like WiFi and battery icon)

What should I know about PEP2?

Please close all other Pronto editors before installing PEP2.

PEP2 has some important conceptual changes compared to PEP1. As links are no longer supported, some issues with importing XCF’s that are created in PEP1 can occur. The way to keep the XCF intact is by preparing the file in PEP1 before opening in PEP2:
Explicit links to My Database codes are seamlessly converted to the new implicit link codes. Therefore step 1 is to convert "non linked My Database" learned codes on the code pages to My Database.

This is done by opening the XCF in PEP1 and:

1. Make sure all the IR codes in the code pages have ascii names (no symbols)
2. Do a device--> right click. Save to My Database. Add correct info (brand, type, model)
3. Open ‘Database quick access’ and re-drag all the codes to the code page

With these codes as a link destination, at the XCF import the codes will be remembered

Last edited by Peter Dewildt on August 23, 2008 00:09.
Peter
Pronto 1000 (retired), Pronto TSU7000, RFX6000 (retired)
Pronto 2xTSU9600, RFX9400

Hosting Services by ipHouse