The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday August 31, 2006 at 11:07
modom
Long Time Member
November 2003
Had a very strange RF problem at a clients home last week.
The system : Denon AVR2106, Comcast High def box (not dvr), Directv HR10-250, Sony DVP NC665, Pioneer PDP505cmx and an MX850.

When we first set up the system without the plasma or the sat receiver, we used a MRF 250 for the RF system and had some issues with the range and command reliablity, but we adjusted the location of the MRF and got the performance up to acceptable for the client.

We came back last week and added the plasma and the Directv dvr and of course the RF interference came back with a vengence.

We switched to a MRF 300 and turned down the levels on the Directv flasher and moved the antenna away from the system and lowered the sensitivity on it as well.
The control was finally working fairly well in RF mode for the problem devices and was about to wrap up when I tried the Sony DVD. No go, no control at all. I double checked the codes and the ir flasher connection. I switched the remote to IR only and found the codes worked perfectly.

The MRF 300 is set on 0 to minimize problems with the Denon AVR2106 but I've never seen control problems like this. Any Ideas?
Mark

Hosting Services by ipHouse