Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Monday October 30, 2006 at 21:34
briremo
December 2005
If you have flourescents, double check them. I had a client with a MRF-300, worked fine for months. Then all of a sudden he's bitchin' the remote works no more. I get there during the day everything's fine. He gets home that night and it's OK then starts acting up, no control what so ever, then late at night it's OK again. I came out again to more times, with no problems, then later in the day each time he has no control.

After going out late one evening to isolate the problem (under warranty) I come to find out his daughter is home from college and in the evening she comes home and hangs out in her room. She flips on her bathroom light which is flourescent (and right behind his AV cabinet) and wham he losses everything. we go from perfect coverage throughout a 5K sq ft. house with one antenna to zilch.

He had an electrician come in and replace the ballasts with low EMI ballasts. under $100.

Expensive lesson.

Brian @ Connect Source
feed a dog and he will not bite you. this is the principal difference between a man and a dog. Mark Twain

Hosting Services by ipHouse