The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Tuesday October 24, 2006 at 15:10
Dave E
Long Time Member
September 2005
OK, sorry it took so long to get back to you. I loaded a stock metallic template with 12 devices, all unprogrammed. Used preprogrammed codes for the Dish 625 satellite receiver and downloaded the 639KB file to the MX-3000.
Results: Same problem. Occasionally, when I push the page up button on the screen or the right navigation hard button there will be a pause of 2 to 3 seconds then the emitter for the satellite will blink. Occasionally, the button will beep and no RF will be sent.
Since the remote had the very same symptoms when I set it for IR only, I know it is probably not an RF problem so I set it back to RF only so it is easier to see when a signal is sent and see the delay.
The file that I designed was about 6Meg. The test file was all stock, only 639KB so the problem appears to be with the remote itself. Since this remote is a couple of years old, whatever is causing the problem may have already been corrected.
UPS just brought a new MX-3000 today, direct from URC, thanks to a CEDIA class. I’ll charge the battery, download the stock test satellite file to it and let you know what happens with the new MX-3000.
I sent my file to Eric on the 18th but have not heard anything, perhaps it got lost in a spam filter or he's working on it now.
Thank you for your suggestions. They have helped narrow the possibilities. We’re smarter than we were.
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
Any wire cut to length will be too short.
I must be a near GENIUS. All my teachers told me I was at the very PEAK of the bell curve!

Hosting Services by ipHouse