The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Friday December 1, 2006 at 10:51
Ridenour
Long Time Member
October 2005
I have no issues in Cherry Creek as well, just further west. Unfortunately, I have a lot of clients in the "trouble spots" it seems.

I was on a service call to Brighton yesterday to takle a "sluggish" remote issue. MX-850 with MRF-300/RFX150, installed six months ago. Six months ago I found a spot in the equipment nook under the stairs that seemed free of intereference. Now, I found that when the heat kicked on, it caused the red light to blink (intereference). Not being able to find an acceptable location for the 150, I turned the range limiter all the way down. It works great now, and we are lucky it is only a theater in a small basement and the seating area is about 15 feet away from the equipment; when I went to the other side of the room signal was too weak.

I was really excited to get the RFX-250 with the MSC-400 since we have a client on Lookout Mountain that cannot use the RFX150/MRF300 setup due to intereference. The 250 also succumbed. Since this will seem to be the case in all of my clients and future clients in this area, we need a solution that can be used for controlling multi-zone systems with the convenience of RF and a lower pricepoint than Crestron.

Don't get me wrong, I love the product. I am just looking for a solution for a problem that is costing the company, and the client, valuable time.

I will gladly accept any troubleshooting tips, since you may have more experience on this equipment than my 2 years.

Thanks!
Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday.
-Don Marquis

Hosting Services by ipHouse