Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday November 25, 2006 at 14:34
Mitch57
June 2003
I've given up on RF in my house. It's been totally unreliable. Last night my MRF-350 and RFX-250 wouldn't respond to any input whats so ever. The emitters don't respond to any signals. They don't glow, they don't flash, they do absolutely nothing. I tried changing the receivers ID address and I tried moving the base station and the 250 around to no avail. I did get it to respond one time after unplugging the 350 for about 10 seconds and plugging it back in again. But then it quit responding again.

I must have a defective unit. I really don't need RF anyway since my equipment rack is about 15 feet from any given seating position and all the equipment is visible and not positioned behind doors or cabinets.

If I were doing this for a living I would certainly make sure that any installs I did were in a EMI free zone or I would be looking for a product that was less susceptible to RF interference. For those of you who have had to shield the base station in aluminum to protect it from interference, I certainly do feel for you. I can't imagine your clients having much confidence in equipment that has to be "Jury Rigged" in order to make it work.

I also found item "c." from the instructions in the MRF-350's owner's manual on page 4 quite comical as well.

"If your installation location simply doesn’t offer you any choice and
you are detecting interference everywhere you place the RFX-250 you
have three last resort options:
a. Remove the RFX-250’s antenna. This will reduce the range
enormously, but may still be enough for this client.
b. Extend a wire to another room. Try this over the floor first,
before attempting to conceal the wire.
c. Admit defeat and install a “pointing again” IR repeater system.

Who's admitting defeat here? The installer or URC?

Hosting Services by ipHouse