The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday December 17, 2006 at 17:29
gwmac
Long Time Member
December 2006
Hi guys, I am a new member of this forum and this is my first post. I am so happy that I found this site as it has already given me a lot of great info and tips. My question concerns the use of non-English languages, specifically Japanese, in the editor software.

I installed the Japanese language kit on XP but the only fonts listed in the editor program are English. When I try to edit the text for a button, it allows me to type it in Japanese if I have selected Japanese through Windows, but when I try and save the changes, it just inputs ??? in the text field. I suppose this problem would also apply to all non-Roman scripts. Have any of you managed to edit the text in a non-Roman language? If so, I would be very grateful for any help. I am a complete noob and just bought this controller so my knowledge is very basic.

P.S. the only workaround that I can think of is to uncheck the display text preference and then edit the bitmap button in Photoshop for example and add the Japanese text, save and import back into the editor. This would be a much more tedious and time consuming process than just being able to use Japanese fonts directly in the editor program itself. I am open to any help and suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Hosting Services by ipHouse