The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday January 31, 2007 at 15:58
1ziggi1
Long Time Member
September 2006
On January 31, 2007 at 15:33, chicagoinstaller said...
1. Is the light on always or when the commands are being
issued....

On only when command is sent.

2. What are your components.....Placement is critical on some pieces...

12 different units. Emitter will work some only if set to full on and put right in front of the IR sensor. Other units nothing no matter what.

3. Do you have a bad emitter in the bunch thats shorted out and rendering all emitters useless.

No.

4. Do you have a remote with this setup .....<-----obviously....but you didnt say which

2 MX-3000 and 2 MX-800.

5. Are the IR/RF signal path designated correctly and is the IR blaster set to on or off.

Have tried different settings in editor for blaster does not make any difference. As far as the correct emitter # being used I have set all for #2 for test purposes and yes I have also tried 1 - 6 too.

6. What is the Unit ID set to on the RF base......Anything but zero otherwise youll get all RF that happens in the area...

No RF interference. Unit ID set from 1-6 were tried. No difference.

CI

More info will yield better answers

As I said the emitters from my MRF-200 and 250 both work perfect on the MRF-300. Just a pain in the ass to cut and replace the plugs and reset all of them in case.
I just find it hard to believe that all six emitters are crap. I also tried the MRF-300 emitters on my MRF-250 & 200 and unless they are right in front of the unit being controlled they do nothing. It is as if they are just too weak no matter what I have the output set to.

Hosting Services by ipHouse