The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday February 14, 2007 at 01:38
SOUND.SD
Loyal Member
April 2006
Recently when updating a clients file via uploading the file from the remote I ran into some odd problems.

Any changes I make to the file after uploading seem to alter completely different task. This is a hard one to explain since it is so weird so I will give examples.

I opened the LCD button editor window after adding a 3rd page to WATCH and moved all devices from page 2 to page 3 so I could use page 2 for new devices. Moving the devices seemed normal until I closed the editor window and confirmed the moved items in the tree list. Well some how it also moved an item from page 1 to page 3, but when I tried to move it back to page 1 it asked me if I wanted to overwrite the device in the empty slot that the item was originally in. Essentially I couldnt change anything.

Then I opened the original file and all of the devices were scattered around. I was however able to correct the original file and make the changes I needed.

I am just curious what the problem was. I remember having this problem before and the way to correct it was to change the file type but that didnt seem possible.

Tech support didnt have any ideas.

I even unistalled and reinstalled the software (not to rub it in to those that can not get software)
Bulldog AV - San Diego, CA
www.bulldog-av.com
[Link: facebook.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse