The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Wednesday February 14, 2007 at 10:59
jongaro
Lurking Member
February 2007
although i'm not a programmer, I found that i jumped between devices fairly often. Say listen to radio and then want to watch some tv or a cd. my issues was that i didn't want to have everything turn off and then turn back on when i selected my new activity.

so whether i'm listening or watching, whatever i choose to do turns only those devices needed on. i created a page such as watch dvd which references all functions i might need to watch a dvd. but lets say i now want to watch a cable show. on the bottom of the first page of every watch/listen activity i have a button that says "go to a new input'. i press that and it takes me to a page that allows me to switch to any activity that is available in my watch/listen page. it then turns off whatever devices on was on that aren't needed, switchs to the appropriate audio/video inputs, and turn on any new devices that might be needed and then goes to that specific function page. sounds like a lot of work but it actually allows me to circumvent a device or two that doesn't have discretes and is bulletproof in terms of getting everything on or off based on what you are doing.

now since i'm not a programmer, there might be a easier way to accomplish this but i decided i didn't want to have to turn everything on just to create an easier way of programming. plus it was kinda fun.

Hosting Services by ipHouse