The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Saturday February 10, 2007 at 22:51
NickKO
Long Time Member
July 2006
Typically the "green" and "red" power on and off buttons on the left side are pre-programmed to be the individual power buttons for whatever device you are on. So, if you're on the "Satellite" device those are the satellite power commands, if you're on your dvd device then they are the dvd's power buttons, etc... These are automatically assigned when you assign devices using the preprogrammed IR database. Sometimes these end up being discrete power commands, for some devices they are just power toggle commands and the same power button is actually put into both the "On" and "Off" button.

Now, if you haven't done anything to them yet, on the Watch and Listen pages those On and Off buttons will be empty and you can put whatever you want on those. When I program a remote for a client I typically make one of the LCD buttons on the watch and listen pages say "All Off" and then program that to turn everything off. So on the Watch page the LCD screen would read something like:

Cable
DVD
VCR
AUX
ALL OFF

I may also program the OFF button on the left side to be a all off macro when on the watch and listen pages, but I typically leave those to be power buttons for the individual pieces of equipment.

Anyway, you have to manually create the off macros, but you can put the macro on any button you want. You don't necessarily need an All On macro, you could program each device button on the watch and listen pages to be macros and to turn on the required equipment.

I don't think 8ate8 meant any disrespect, but I do agree that you need to find a programming tutorial, not necessarily the remote's manual. If you do some searching online look for a programming walk through pdf or powerpoint presentation. You may have experience with other universal remotes and even though that sony system off feature is a macro it's kind of preconfigured on sony's equipments and remotes to work with their equipment. It sounds like what you've done so far on the mx900 is add you're devices and tell it which models of equipment you have, that's really the easy part. Programming the macros to be easy to use (one button operation) and to work well is the hard part and the part that is different from a lot of the "consumer" level universal remotes, it really just takes experience and time spent playing around with the remote.

Hosting Services by ipHouse