The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Thursday April 26, 2007 at 16:02
tonyn41
Long Time Member
April 2007
On April 26, 2007 at 15:32, flandon said...

What happens when the RAM is full? Will it stop fuctioning?
I have so many wav's on the demo one here at the store.
it Has not failed?

That's a question for someone from URC.
I have been working with a setup for an mx-950 for the last couple of weeks to have a nice CD/DVD menu system to use coverart(to a limited degree) to select CDS and DVDs from genre lists on the remote.
The setup is quite big and I keep checking the RAM space on the remote and refining the macros, etc., to be as compact as possible using nesting macros, etc.
I also have wav files, and countdown graphic pages, for certain buttons to add that extra WOW factor.
But when I initially started checking the RAM space used on the remote I was amazed at the RAM using 92%.
It worried me that if too much ws used it would cripple the remote.
I thought it may have been the graphics, but it wasn't, it was the long wav files.
There is 2 different areas of RAM.
Active and data.
Active RAM was using 92% but data ram was only at 9%.
I can see varibles and graphic pages temporarily being loaded into active ram but wav files?
Anyway by removing some of the long wav files it lowered the active ram down to a comfortable 60-70% on my remote.
A suggestion would be to check the remote's ram out after a setup is downloaded to it to see how much is being used.
Or maybe a firmware update is needed for at least the mx-950 to release wav files from active ram after playing them.

Last edited by tonyn41 on April 26, 2007 16:31.

Hosting Services by ipHouse