The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Thursday June 21, 2007 at 11:07
bobli
Long Time Member
December 2002
My RF issue involves periodic interference which can be seen on the RFX-150 antenna via the RF light. No matter where I move the antenna or whatever else I might do I sometimes get the RF light flickering even though I'm not sending commands. This problem is very intermittent and may not appear for hours at a time. When this happens RF performance gets spotty.

I recently discovered that 433mhz remote thermometers in my home would light the antenna up like a Christmas tree when moved right next to the antenna. I thought I had solved the problem but when not placed next to the antenna they don't seem to be causing the antenna to light up. I disabled all of them and yet I still get occasional interference. I have no idea of what to do to solve this problem other than change my remote.

The remote thermometers operate at 433mhz and, theoretically, shouldn't affect the remote system as it operates at 418mhz. I would expect that the new narrowband technology would solve this problem. Any opinions on this?

Hosting Services by ipHouse