The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Monday August 27, 2007 at 00:20
lawder
Lurking Member
August 2007
I had a feeling this would be difficult to explain in a post - A 'go to' would only work if I knew where the user was coming from - I could easily say 'go to Tivo' on page 12 of the receiver, but what if I was coming from the Blu-Ray activity? I could put 'go to' buttons for every single activity that I've set up on every single device page - but that would take up most of the soft buttons on a page and seems a bit redundant. What I'm trying to do is implement a 'jump' command, very similar to 'Navigate +/-' - the only difference is I would want it to 'jump' to the beginning of the activity I just left, rather than simply going one page back.

To be ultra-clear - I want to use a single button/macro that will jump back to page 1 of whatever activity I was on prior to diving into the device pages. If I was watching an HD-DVD, I want this button to jump back to HD-DVD...if I was watching Tivo 1, I want this exact same button to jump back to page 1 of Tivo 1 when clicked from deep within a device configuration page.

Make sense? I think I might be able to do this with variables, but haven't gotten my head quite around it yet.

Hosting Services by ipHouse