The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday September 1, 2007 at 11:43
Baboontyme
Long Time Member
September 2007
I am ready to throw my MX-850 away I am so frustrated. If anyone can help me I would REALLY appreciate it. I am not a tech guy or a custom install guy by any means so I need help at a very basic level and the more I search the more overwhelmed I become.

Here is what I can tell you. I have a MX-850. I have software for it that I downloaded last X-mas when I received the remote as a gift from my wife. I do not think she purchased it from an authorized dealer.

I originally used the remote to control (all on the same wall) 3 idential Dtv H20 HD receivers, as well as an old Dtv Tivo box, 2 identical ViewSonic LCD TVs, and a Sony Grand Wega. I had to buy a base station (MRF-250) so that I could control the identical components via RF. I was able to figure it out and get everything programmed.

Since then, I got a new laptop. Old laptop is gonzo, but I still have the hard drive and can access my old MX-850 editor via the hard drive. New laptop runs Vista, which I understand is not supported. I do not have a XP laptop that I can use, though I have an XP desktop upstairs, 2 flights of stairs away from my TV setup. My new laptop does not have the right kind of jack to plug the remote into. For that matter, neither does the desktop upstairs.

In addition, I have since replaced 2 of my H20 receivers. One has been replaced with a Dtv HR20 HD DVR. The other was faulty, and Dtv replaced it for me, but with an old refurb H20 (series 100).

I have the nodes all hooked up to the right components, I just need to program now and I'm completely lost. No idea how to program the HR20. No idea how to program from another room, no idea how to hook the remote up to my computers which are seemingly incompatible.

Can anyone help me? Where do I start? Is there a converter for the remote jack? Can I program this thing from another room (I don't remember originally programming it last winter)? I found an Excel sheet on here somewhere with codes for the HR20, but I'm not sure what to do with it.

Help! Football season is here!

Any help MUCH appreciated!

Hosting Services by ipHouse