The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Monday September 10, 2007 at 07:57
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
I think I get your question. Notice that the buttons are labeled on the remote itself and in the database file. All they had to do was to make some kind of software link between the name of a button and the location of a button, that is, a mapping table where the play command went to the play button, stop to stop, 1 to 1, et cetera.

This might be illustrative -- I programmed the MX-900 the other day, and after putting a set of component codes onto the keys, I changed some of the keys and then decided to go back to the way it had been when I first set those codes. I set the codes again and my changes were wiped out. I deduce from that occurrence that each command is determined in the database to go to a particular button, and it will just go there, no matter what you do to the button before that. In fact, such mapping would be a fast way to accidentally wipe out, say, an OFF macro placed on the OFF button, as has been discussed in another thread.

By the way, did I remember correctly that "Gesundheit" is a reasnable automatic response to hearing your name (forwards)?
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse