The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Saturday June 23, 2007 at 16:43
GregoriusM
RC Consultant
December 1999
As Ericjb said, battery life is great. I use NiMH in all of my stuff, so I don't worry about batteries at all.

I leave the LCD on since it takes very little power.

The TX-1000 is also a great table-top remote that you can easily use sitting on the table beside your La-Z-Boy chair! :-)

It is NOT a one-hand hand-held remote. If you love to have a hand-held and grab it in that way, then it's not for you. But, that's why they made it! It's a 900 for those who want a two-hand or table-top remote, or one that sits on your lap, and for that, it is perfect.

It's also extremely hard to lose between the cushions of the couch!

If you really NEED graphics, then this is not the remote for you. If you don't really NEED graphics, then this remote has so much going for it that I'd seriously look at it.

I've used an MX-900 extensively, which has no graphics at all, and have loved it. Graphics are wonderful, but are the be-all-and-end-all, which is also why you see custom installers put MX-900's in a great portion of their installations. It just works well and is easy to use. Well, the TX-1000 is just a different form factor of the MX-900.

Let us know if you get one, and how you like it, and post in the User Review section too.

Greg :-)
When ignorance is bliss, ‘tis folly to be wise.

Hosting Services by ipHouse