The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday September 14, 2007 at 14:16
Darnitol
Universal Remote Control Inc.
June 1999
The MX-810 is not anything akin to the "little brother" of the MX-980. The ProWizard editor works differently because it's targeted at a different installer. As such, the wizard guides the installer through the programming , working towards a defined goal. This is not to say that the MX-810 offers no ability to customize: it's just not the free-form OpenArchitecture programming style that might be preferred by an experienced Complete Control programmer.

In short, if you've seen the MX-3000 editor and you're looking for something that will give you all the same options in a wand-style remote, that product is not the MX-810. The MX-980 will be much closer to what you have in mind. But if you look at the MX-3000 and think, "I'd like to get graphical results, but I don't program enough of these to get graphically skilled with the editor, then the MX-810 could definitely be for you.
I'm a member of the Remote Central community, just like you! My comments here are my own, and in no way express the opinions, policies, or plans of Universal Remote Control, Inc.

Hosting Services by ipHouse