The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 53 made on Friday July 27, 2007 at 12:22
Tuonela
Lurking Member
December 2006
Thanks for the assistance guys. I've got an MX-850 with the MRF-250 installed. I took the RF250 out of sniffer mode and set it to some different number (forget which one), and looped the 3 emitters through a ferrite core just to cover all my bases. I'm still getting the problem of my cable box going haywire with legitimate commands and my TV will still turn on by itself. It's frustrating because the TV will be on and wasting electricity when I'm not even home!

I'd like to avoid having to use an MRF-300, as I don't need many of the features and don't see the justification in spending the additional $$, but if that's what it takes to solve the problem, so be it.

Before I go switching out the base station, would removing the antenna from the MRF-250 prove worthwhile? I've got an apartment, so the range is 30 feet at max, and usually I'm in the room right in front of the equipment stack. I'm open to any and all suggestions from people's personal experiences. I'm a CE industry professional, but I've honestly never had this problem with any of my past or present clients.

It's at the point now where I actually UNPLUG the base station when I leave the house! This is getting out of hand!

Hosting Services by ipHouse