The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 28 made on Wednesday October 10, 2007 at 00:25
SOUND.SD
Loyal Member
April 2006
I was asked to post this here for URC to view. It is from a post in the CI lounge.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOUND.SD
Advanced Member

View Profile
[ Edit Post ]
I agree.... the software just made me look like an ass in front of a good client.

It needs to have some sort of a backend for programming. I felt like a chef trying to make a perfect fillet mignon with an EZ Bake oven.

I will try again tonight and post my exact gripes later just to be sure. Hopefully they get it right because the remote is good it just needs better software.

What shocks me most is that it is still "meant" for the CI. The software seems otherwise.

Corey
San Diego / Bulldog Audio & Video
www.Bulldog-AV.com [ Reply | Quote & Reply ]
Post 5 made on Monday October 8, 2007 at 22:19
...it's new!
SOUND.SD
Advanced Member

View Profile
[ Edit Post ]
Problems:

-The software does not properly detect devices that are TOAD or Discrete. It tries to but fails

-When it does identify it as a discrete device it uses the power on off buttons as the location for finding the discretes. Which is almost always wrong.

-Then when attempting to associate the discrete command with the proper button location it does not save the change. It reverts back because the automation test does not run.

-It makes you chose input labels then associate them with a button on the remote. This is one too many steps.

-Adding components to the macro is silly

-You can not delete individual codes from the macro

-Maybe all of this has been fixed in the update, but unfortunatley the update does not process. It says "fail to save patch file".

THIS IS A NICE REMOTE AND I/WE CAN SELL THE HELL OUT OF IT. JUST GIVE THE COMPETENT INSTALLERS BETTER SOFTWARE OR WE WILL START SUPPORTING ANOTHER LINE IN THIS PRICE RANGE.

EDIT:

I found the "Modify Order or add a step" page but it should not be three or four menus deep.

Also, you have still have to run through the wizard to get to this step.

Also, I am having trouble adding dummy devices that I may just want to use one code from.

This shouldnt be this complicated.

Hosting Services by ipHouse