Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Friday September 28, 2007 at 16:54
Darnitol
Universal Remote Control Inc.
June 1999
J.Todd:

Yes, the MX-810 was designed for installers who are not everyday progammers. The idea is that this is the remote to spec when the job doesn't require an installer with years of programming experience. There's no doubt that experienced programmers are going to want the editor to do more, in more specific ways.

As I've said in other threads... this remote is not the sequel to the 900. It's targeted at an entirely different part of the market. If you look at the 810 and think, "why on earth did they," then you're probably not the installer we think will want to program this remote. It's kind of the same reason there are iPhones and RAZR's in the same market... they have different target installers.

But, as you discovered, if you let go of preconceptions about how you've programmed other remotes, then ProWizard actually gets you to a functional system very quickly, without training. Yes, an experienced installer might be able to accomplish as much in a shorter time with MX-Editor, but they do so because they bring their initial training and prior experience to the job. With the MX-810, while knowing the system architecture is important, prior programming experience isn't as important, because the end result on the remote is less open.

Best regards,
Dale
I'm a member of the Remote Central community, just like you! My comments here are my own, and in no way express the opinions, policies, or plans of Universal Remote Control, Inc.

Hosting Services by ipHouse