The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Thursday September 27, 2007 at 01:03
Eastside A/V
Select Member
September 2006
My previous post was part of a correspondance with URC as far as issues with the 810 software wizard, below are a few more issues which I have sent to the appropriate channels, and the continuation of getting the system working-this is now being tested by my parents now that the remote is functioning.

Here is a follow up to the programming side, and issues with the current version of the software. (spent another 2 hours getting the remote to work at about 99%, the only thing not working is the system 'on' and 'off' buttons/macros as there is no way to rewrite the macro's at this time-supposedly a bug)

Took the remote to my parents house to begin testing with the equipment; and I ran into the following issues:

The IR database codes, and learned codes for the devices (pages) did not propagate to the activity corresponding to that device (ie the cable box codes worked while using the remote in device -then cablebox, but the codes did not transfer to the activity watch cablebox), and had to be individually copy and pasted from device to activity button for button, or transferred via the universal browser feature using the active remote file and selecting the button and dragging it to corresponding area for that button in the activities section.

Other issues, using the wizard's off macro, all that happend was the JVC (HD61FH97) went into twin picture mode; and nothing happened with the other devices (Yamaha RXV800, Toshiba HD-A2, and Comcast Motorola Cable box with DVR).

The wizard's on macro did nothing.

The activities macro's also did nothing and I had to redo the macro's from scatch with the proper codes (for the TV and Receiver) once I learned them into the programming file, as none of the preselected/wizard codes for the buttons for the Receiver, Radio, or TV worked (the codes for the HD-DVD player, and Cable box worked except for the power command). I also had to create a System Off 'Activity' as the system 'Off' macro is not accessible when programming and viewing through the universal browser (a supposed bug).

I believe these are the remainder of my issues. The remote now works satisfactorily, but had to be programmed almost 100% in a manual fashion like an MX650, with each individual button being learned labeled, and double checked for accuracy, and macro's created from scratch for each activity.

I will begin a second go at the wizard with a different system and see if I run into the same issues, as well as seeing how efficiently the remote can be properly programmed now that I am fairly familiar with what the software does/does not do, and how to work around those issues.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions, and or information on how patches/fixes are coming along, as you may have many unhappy installers if they are unaware of these issues up front. Take care, and have a great day.
Bryan Levy
www.eastsideav.com
Gallery: [Link: eastsideav.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse