The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday September 26, 2007 at 13:04
Eastside A/V
Select Member
September 2006
Hank sent me an email to send my next usage update to Joe Spinelli as well. I believe there is a ton of potential for this package, and will update as I spend more time learning the in's and outs.

As far as the ability to do complex systems quickly that is not my concern. The initial set up is rather swift (about 30 minutes), but the tweaking is where the issues are, much of which will be able to be fixed in future software updates I'm sure. I feel at this point the remote is an awesome opportunity, but the software is about 5/6, but with the potential to be a 10+.

At the same time though the perceived target customer I feel is cookie cutter systems which is fine once the templates have been designed, and DIY'ers with random gear who only need to do a single install, and don't understand how much easier the remote is to operate when you custom configure the home page for each device/activity, and instead leave it at oem spec for the 'pages'.

In my world and I believe many others here and in the field, a great deal of use for this remote will be in clean up/retro situations where templates don't work so well as there are rarely similiar devices between households. Very similar to the niche that is currently filled by the mx650, but with nicer packaging/wow factor.
Bryan Levy
www.eastsideav.com
Gallery: [Link: eastsideav.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse