The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday September 26, 2007 at 02:48
Eastside A/V
Select Member
September 2006
Picked up an 810 today, and spent about 4 hours programming it using the wizard and I am still not done. The 810 is a vastly superior remote to any of the harmonies, but the software is just terrible to work with. Great graphic design but the ergonomics, and flow of the wizard need to be more logical, as well as links for changing codes, global/punch though aspects, and customizeable macros, and if possible a programmers software suite to give us the control and flexibility we are accustomed to.

some of the problems were that it took 10 times to get the initial programing to load to the remote, in addition to one failed attempt that wiped out the remotes firmware. followed by 5 miscellaneous error codes and the need to restart my computer. The software has some major glitches in regards to adjusting macro's and importing codes, so beware before you sell this to your customers. Practice 1st, or stick to the better remotes or the MX650's. I will try to report back in a week or so once I've got a few more hours of programming and familiarity with the remote and software under my belt.

If anyone else has any feed back yet, I'd love to hear it as I think this could be a decent entry level or step up/sideways remote (from a mx650), it is not yet ready for "prime time"
Bryan Levy
www.eastsideav.com
Gallery: [Link: eastsideav.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse