The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 31 made on Saturday January 13, 2007 at 15:23
jkinsd
Lurking Member
December 2006
On January 3, 2007 at 04:50, learninght said...
I will soon be setting up to do a routing test installation.
I am planning to use an MSC-400 but I will go ahead and
set it up using the MRF-350 to see how it goes. I'll get
back to you when done. I have two Oppo DVD players.

As I understand the problem, you assign two like devices
A and B to different IR channels of the MRX-350 and create
a device for each in the remote. Apparently this works
with short cabling between RFX-250 and MRF-350 but fails
when the cable is made long? What is the failure symptom?
Do commands simply fail to go through or are do all commands
appear on all channels regardless of routing setup?

Would it be a good test of your situation if I placed
each on a separate IR channel, loaded each with a different
DVD and then issued commands to each DVD and verified
that each responded properly?

I'm happy to do the test. I just want to make sure I'm
testing the right thing.

Hi!
Yes, you have the problem description exactly correct. I happen to have 4 DVR boxes, 2 LCD's, 2 Denon DVD's all hooked to two MRF-350's (previously 300's). The 350's are daisy chainied on the IR out.

The IR commands are always received and sent. But the IR routing table information is lost.

So what I see on the other end is ALL devices that are like components responding to the command even though in my MX-3000 programming I have setup the RF Hub to route the IR commands per device (hub two line 1 for DVD1, hub two line 2 for DVD2, etc..).

It became apparent how global this problem was when I hooked up DVR device number 4 to my "second RF hub" and was getting IR flash out on that line...the only problem was, I had assigned ALL of my DVR devices to Lines 1 through 4 on the primary hub in the MX editor. Being that it was on a completely different station ID I had eliminated the MRFs from the problem source. As soon as I move the RFX to within 20 feet or so, everything starts working flawlessly.

If you happen to have two DVR's or cable boxes to do the test that would be fantastic. I know that these devices are a bit hyper sensitive to IR flash and it would be great to join the Favorites Macro test with the IR routing test (:

Thanks in advance, we really appreciate your efforst on improving this project. I am sure Eric Johnson at URC will be implementing these changes and improvements.

Hosting Services by ipHouse