The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday February 25, 2008 at 22:28
lucifer2
Long Time Member
November 2006
k... Here is the challenge.... I have a creston system that I would like to move away from.... No disrespect to the custom installers, but I work for IBM and I would like to program my own system.... Nothing like Watson Research Lab... I have a AV2 and PAD8 that I would like to take out... They control the whole house audio with a Sonance AMP.... I have an MX3000 that controls a single zone (Master Bedroom).... I would like to program the MX3000 to control a whole house audio... However, I have heard it is hard to do it with Crestron... Was thinking of switching out the crestron AV2 and PAD 8 and put in a Nile ZR4630 or 8630.... I see the codes are in the MX3000 IR Database.... So, I am thinking i can control them...

So, here is the questions.... One, opions on the move? Should I go with Niles to replace crestron... I have 6 zones all audio... No real complex things...

2... Is Niles also proprietary... Meaning, I may be able to get the MX 3000 to control it, but I can program the NILES Touchpads... I don't know if they also restrict their software....

3.. If Niles doesn't work, does anyone have any suggestions on a solid DIY whole house audio that can be controled by one or more mx3000s?

Hosting Services by ipHouse