The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday September 4, 2007 at 22:35
Roman
Long Time Member
July 2004
I wonder can anyone help me with a totally bizarre problem.

I bought an MX3000 about 18 months ago, programmed it (took three days to figure it all out) and used it happily for maybe 4 months. Then it started to malfunction, taking repeated key presses to trigger an action. Then it just stopped working. Battery fine. Tried it close to my unit's IR sensors. No help. Re-loaded my set up. No help. Did a factory default, reloaded. No dice.

Called my dealer; he said he never has had such a problem; I sent it to him; he couldn't get it to work either. He sent me a new one.

Worked fine, then a few months later an exact repeat of the problem. Sent the new one to him again; he was baffled; how could the same thing happen twice.

There is nothing weird abou my setup. None of the the individual remotes I used before ever had a problem. There are no strange electrical fields from outer space that I know of. I don't leave it sitting in the sun or the freezer.

My dealer sent me another.

Now the exact same thing has happened a third time! It has gone kaput again.

I do not have mental health problems, I know a little bit about computers, programming etc. I am not a crank. I am just totally puzzled, and wondering how come a $1500 unit (in Canada) can do that.

Could the IR transmitter (I don't use RF) be going belly up repeatdly?

Apart from not triggering the units sometimes you can't get back to the main page, like from back from VCR, for maybe ten button presses and then it goes back. Also sometimes the hardware page buttons don't work for a few presses.

Has anybody had a similar problem?

I assume my dealer won't send me a fourth unit. Would very much appreciate any ideas, suggestions. Can I take the thing apart and check if the IR unit is getting a voltage? How do I get it apart?

What could be happening?

Hosting Services by ipHouse