The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Tuesday April 1, 2008 at 16:35
tweeterguy
Loyal Member
June 2005
URC is a manufacturer and responds much quicker to their resellers and installers. If I send an email I have a response the same day or the very next day.

Just last month I had to request an RA for a client's remote. I sent URC an email request, got the RA # back the same day. Shipped out the remote the next and it was back to us within 10 business days. I consider this top notch service. How do I take it a step further? Give the client a loaner. Done. Everyone is satisfied.

It is beyond me why any of your customers are calling URC. You sold them the remote and programming (at what? $1,000 a pop on average for an mx-3000 plus programming). Why are you not taking care of the issues for them and contacting URC yourself? The client should never be put in a position to be placed on hold for 30 minutes with a call that escalates to someone hanging up on the other. The moment those RTI remotes that you are replacing them with go bad is the client expected to contact RTI? Good luck with that.

I like to break things down to a situation people can identify with....your car needs some service done. Who do you call? That's right, the dealer or your trusted mechanic. Not the corporate headquarters for the manufacturer.

Hosting Services by ipHouse