The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Sunday April 6, 2008 at 12:36
bobli
Long Time Member
December 2002
The shutters were manufactured by Norman Shutters. Last I checked the sales leader, Hunter Douglas, doesn't have motorized shutters. Mine are installed in my living room where I previously had blinds. I got the shutters becasue I wanted something that would do a better job of darkening the room. They're located behind my 64" rear projection Pioneeer Elite HD set. It's a really big box and I didn't want to have to crawl behind it every time I turned it on to close the shutters on the four windows. The motorized ones now work 100% of the time since I increased the repeat to 21.

Everything works great, although, I do wish the shutters closed a little tighter. The room is much darker now than with the blinds but the shutters do let a little more light in between their seams than I would like. I'm not really complaining as the shutters ae doing exactly what I was hoping for and my daytime viewing experience has improved considerably.

How did you know what to change the frequency to? I thought about trying this but I never did do any experimentation since increasing the repeats worked so well.

Hosting Services by ipHouse