The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday September 22, 2008 at 20:44
sockethead
Lurking Member
September 2008
I've been working with the MX-980 Editor for a few weeks now and have been able to successfully get everything working. But I have a couple lingering questions that I can't seem to find answers to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. When you select an LCD button, and the top-right of the screen you have an option to select (or create) a UI variable. When you select a variable, what does it do? Does it set the variable to true when the button is clicked or does it toggle it, or something else?

2. When editing a button's programming, you have the option of inserting a "Text" object. Clicking on this Text button brings up a window titled "Text Setting" and allows you to enter and format some text. What does this do? Where is this used?

3. Is there a way to change the text of an LCD button programmatically? For example, I want to have a button that toggles a set of speakers on or off. So the text of the button would need to change based on the true/false value of a variable.

4. Can the other elements of a page (Text title, background, icons, etc.) be changed programmatically? In other words, same as #3 above but can you change other parts of a page.

Again, thanks for your help.

Hosting Services by ipHouse