The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Monday October 13, 2008 at 23:53
Chris Dotur
Lurking Member
April 2003
Huh... I just installed the RF dimmer and accessory dimmer, as that light has two light switches. It working great so far by touch, and I'm about to go program the remote!

However, I went to install the two RF SWITCHES, and they're not working at all. Here's the info, for anyone that might be in the know and can help me troubleshoot:
- The two RF switches are replacing two standard rocker-type light switches.
- Each one controls its own circuit--one is for a ceiling fan, the other for two in-ceiling can lights.
- The switches are mounted next to each other in a double-gang box.
- Per the instructions, I bent and broke off the fins on the right side of one RF switch, and the left side of the other. They're installed in the wallbox with the removed fin sides next to each other, in the middle.
- Per the instructions, for each RF switch I've attached one of the black power wires to the BRASS screw. The other black wire to the BLACK screw. (note that this is what the instructions say in words, but then the picture for that section labels both screws as BRASS. There are not two brass screws on the RF switch--just one each of brass, silver, and black) The green wire is connected to the copper ground.
- As I mentioned, my dimmer works just fine. But after installation and resetting the breaker, NEITHER RF switch works. The single LED light on each RF switch is NOT on.
- I've pulled the URC/Lutron RF switches back out, and replaced with the old switches to verify the circuits are still valid. They work fine.
- Put the RF switches back in, confirmed all connections. Still don't work.
- Called URC. Since I'm in Alaska, the offices had closed for the day. (east coast time)
- Called Lutron. They don't even have these model numbers in their database yet, and don't show any RF switches they've manufactured at all. Can't help.

I'll call URC tomorrow morning while east coast is still at work, but in the meantime I'm wondering if anybody else knows what the problem is.

(Side note: While on the phone with Lutron, they did confirm that the Lutron box I mentioned above that URC shipped to me is an ACCESSORY dimmer)

Hosting Services by ipHouse