Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 36 made on Wednesday December 19, 2007 at 19:52
OTAHD
October 2005
On December 19, 2007 at 18:35, Darnitol said...
It's unfortunate that
some installers are selling direct without programming,
but we cannot legally force them not to do that.

Best regards,
Dale

I'm not exactly thrilled about this statement. I understand the concept of an installer-only product, and I use them often when I buy from an installer for speakers, receivers, etc.

One of the reasons I've always chosen URC is that being an end-user, RTI, Crestron, AMX, and the like are out of the question as they forbid distribution of the software. I won't touch a Harmony with a 10 foot pole and I cannot stand Pronto.

However, as long as it's still possible to get the software and program it myself, I'm happy. I don't mind purchasing at MSRP from a local installer...as a matter of fact, I do that quite often (projectors, TV's, speakers, amps, and remotes).

I'm just not in agreement with the "It is unfortunate" statement. One of the things myself, along with many other end users, love, is the fact that we are able to program these remotes ourselves.

That by no means implies that I agree with the old methods of distribution where they show up on the internet for much lower than installers and AD's can sell it for, it just means I hope that end users can continue to get the software legitimately.

I don't see anything wrong with an installer selling without programming. It's their choice, is it not?
LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!

Hosting Services by ipHouse